- Wide variety of promotions
- Easy to place bet
- Good odds
- Withdrawals are a bit delayed
A quick overview of table tennis
Table tennis is a popular sport all around the world, including in Singapore. This type of sport is also organized into tournaments on a regular basis under the supervision of the ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation).
Table tennis betting is a pleasant and secure choice for betting players because of its appeal, simplicity, and rapid speed.
As a result of its growing popularity, respectable bookmakers are now offering table tennis betting to meet the needs of their customers. Let’s have a look at how to wager on table tennis as follows.
What is table tennis betting, and how does it work?
Table tennis betting, often known as ping pong, is a type of wagering on the house’s odds in the sport of table tennis.
A match, similar to volleyball, generally includes of 5 games with 3 victories; another factor to consider is that each game has 11 points.
With a score difference of two points, the winner and loser of a table tennis match must be determined in the third game.
At many bookmakers, bettors will wager based on the odds offered by the house, similar to betting on football, volleyball, golf, and so on.
As a result, the house betting specialists will utilize the tournament, athletes, head-to-head history, and other factors to determine the odds for the individuals to participate in.
(1) What is the scoring system for table tennis?
To be able to wager on table tennis, you must first understand how to compute the subject’s score in detail.
The aim of both sides is for the first team to score 11 points to win. By striking the ball back and forth, the two teams will engage in a direct confrontation.
Each table tennis match usually has a maximum of 5 games. If any team wins three games in a row, the match will be called off and that person will be declared the winner.
To maintain fairness, the two teams will trade positions as well as the service at the end of each game.
(2) How to place a bet on a ping pong game at the bookie?
The procedure is quite simple, including 4 main steps as follows:
- Step 1: Log in to your account or create one if you don’t already have it.
- Step 2: Select Sports from the home page interface.
- Step 3: Pick a game of table tennis.
- Step 4: Select a door to position and begin playing.
(3) Table tennis general rules
- The table tennis bet outcomes must be confirmed in accordance with the company’s policies as a baseline.
- All table tennis bets must be based on the tournament’s final outcome, which is announced as normal.
- All matches must be played on the “planned day” or “defined time” of the schedule, else bets will be invalid.
- In singles or doubles match, if either player withdraws from the match or quits halfway through, etc., the game cannot be completed.
- Table tennis regulations are comparable to volleyball and tennis rules in a lot of ways. There are, nevertheless, several distinctions that distinguish this sport.
- The player serves the ball twice and then swaps in table tennis. When it comes to earning more points on serves in tennis, the server typically has the upper hand. In table tennis, however, the serving factor provides no discernible benefit to either team; it is highly dependent on the playing style of individual players. In volleyball, the serving team typically has a scoring edge.
- Table tennis matches can go up to 5 or 7 sets, with a player needing 3 or 4 winning sets to win. The format of the match (5 or seven sets) is usually disclosed to the player in the sportsbook odds.
- Table tennis is played to a maximum of 11 points in each set. If the score is tied at 10-10, each side will serve after each point until one side has a two-point advantage and the set is won.
- Singles matches are played in seven sets in the Olympic Games, the World Championships, and senior World Tour tournaments. Each match will consist of 5 sets in doubles events and smaller tournaments.
(4) Primary types of table tennis betting
If you enjoy table tennis and want to test your luck, you can’t pass up the fun of table tennis betting.
The betting procedure is likewise fairly straightforward: before the match, the bookie will compute and present the odds for you to choose as follows:
- Handicap betting: In a handicap betting game, one side will pass up a specified number to the other party.
- Bets on total points (O/U): The player’s goal is to guess whether the total score of both sides in a match will be higher or lower than the dealer’s estimate. If the match is halted for whatever reason. The house will make the ultimate decision in each case, although most of them are canceled.
- Bets on winner of the game: After a side has gained an 11-point lead in a set, the betting outcome is determined. In addition, the bookie will supply certain in-game odds.
- Even / Odd betting: You may also gamble and keep track of whether the final total score in each set is even or odd, which is a simpler method to play. – Mach Lines: handicaps, totals, and winner.
- Bet on whether the team will reach 3, 5, 7, or 9 first in the first game.
- Bets on the match’s correct score: Predict the match’s actual score.
Betting strategies for table tennis
The regulations and procedures for betting on World table tennis are simple. To win, you must, however, master some experience.
(1) Learn about the different leagues and players.
Big competitions like the Olympics or World Championships; continents… will normally generate a considerably more heated and competitive environment.
These events frequently bring together outstanding players who play very well and consistently, allowing participants to clearly assess their chances of winning.
(2) The player’s playing style is also significant
It will aid you in determining which bet is most likely to win with that player. Many European players, for example, are unable to play in the penhold manner, and vice versa for Asian players.
The manner in which you serve, receive the ball, and rotate are all criteria that may be used to assess a player’s potential to win.
(3) Players must familiarize themselves with the tournament in order to place wagers
Any gambler would endorse this as a worthwhile experience because there are several large and little table tennis competitions across the world nowadays. Each event has its own set of criteria, such as team size and capacity.
The battle between the teams will be fiercer in important competitions, making the outcome of winning or losing difficult to predict. These events, in particular, will bring together a number of well-known tennis stars.
To produce an accurate forecast, you must first learn all there is to know about the tournament’s size and the participants’ performance.
(4) At reliable bookies, determine the right odds
In reality, bookmakers who provide high odds tend to attract more bettors. However, due of the rapid payoff, some players do not take the time to properly consider where they wager.
As a result, it’s impossible to avoid taking risks. Players must first determine whether the casino is legitimate before deciding whether or not to wager there.
(5) Find out how the players perform
The player’s playing style is regarded as the most crucial aspect in influencing the match’s outcome.
As a result, before to placing a wager, you must thoroughly understand this issue since there are so many distinct left- and right-handed opponents who may play defensively or aggressively. All in all, it’s preferable if you have a lot of data.
(6) Winning the opening set does not guarantee victory in the match
When newcomers notice the disparity in the first set, they hurry to wager on the victor. However, the player who wins the opening set does not guarantee that they will win the entire match.
As a result, the first set should be viewed as only a test for you to assess the performance of the two opponents.
Table tennis betting in a nutshell
If you are interested in Table Tennis Betting and desire to make money from this sport, don’t forget to pay a visit to some favored bookie sites such as “Aw8“, “77Bet” or “HFIVE5“, to place your bets and get the winnings.